Huq provides real world, real time consumer insights at unprecedented scale. Huq has built a proprietary and unique technology that leverages mobile data to interpret what groups of consumers do in the real world on an anonymised basis. We help our customers learn about how consumers shop and work, how they travel and where they rest. Huq is a well-funded young company with a very strong client list from a diverse range of sectors including Finance, Out of Home Media Planning, Retail Information and Credit Rating. We’re in the process of rapid growth and anticipate to soon be processing billions of data points per month.
The team is very ambitious and so should you be. You will be a self-starter looking for an environment that expects team members to be keen to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities. You will bring Huq’s data to life to support client pitches, turning numbers into stories and graphics. You’ll spot things in our data that we haven’t seen, and turn them into a tweet, a slide for a pitch, or a white paper. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have direct experience of our target client sectors, but you’ll pick this up quickly using your own initiative. You will be heavily involved in supporting the pre-sales effort, and have a strong sense of how to address customers’ technical enquiries in the most expedient and effective ways.
You will be very familiar with the challenges associated with delivering new datasets and data products into organisations. You will have experience supporting customers as they get to know the qualities of our products and how to help them get the most out of them. You will be comfortable dealing directly with customers’ in-house data scientists, analysts and product managers, and have a fluent ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Huq operates a flat organisational structure and as such you will be comfortable with voicing your opinion in a group environment and bringing new ideas to the table.
This purpose of this role is to help customers fully realise the value of Huq’s data and to retain and grow business by ensuring customer success. You role will sit at the confluence of engineering, sales and marketing. You will be deeply involved in the production of data-led reports, POCs and marketing material, and will become the resident expert for customers where it comes to ‘how to extract value from Huq data.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• introduce statistical practices to identify trends and obtain the clearest insights from the dataset
• communicate the outputs and methodology from analyses to non-technical audiences
• work alongside customers and produce material that will help them get the most from our data
• support the product development roadmap with feedback from your engagement with customers
• find opportunities to engage in current affairs and public discussion based on our dataset
• develop content that showcases the application of our dataset across different customer use-cases
• organise and execute projects arising from your ideas, from analysis to visualisation and distribution
• expertise in analytical and statistical SQL functions, and experience with large datasets
• familiar with GIS visualisation tools and frameworks such as Carto, Esri and ArcGIS
• statistical practices and conventions to develop the right metrics for the right situations
• addressing statistical challenges including normalisation and varying base populations
• comfort using the command line interface, API interfaces, and munging data sources
• planning and organising tasks or projects with a robust approach to time-management
• good knowledge of open and commercial geo datasets, eg. Land Reg, OSM, OS Maps
Huq comprises a compact team of highly capable individuals looking to build the best products we can. Our culture is one of working hard and with single-minded purpose, we strive for excellence and efficiency, development decisions are thoughtfully taken and resources efficiently used. We work hard to maintain a lightweight and nimble approach that enables us to solve large and complex tasks with minimal overhead. Our working environment is focused, friendly and supportive.
We are located in Central London (Soho). You will be required to be onsite for the majority of the time. Regular national and international travel should be expected
Market rate depending on experience.